Many doctors recommend that older people exercise regularly, but most patients do not follow an exercise routine.
Why do you think this happens?
How can people be encouraged to exercise regularly?
1. A large proportion of healthcare professionals find that their advice to elderly people concerning exercise is not heeded. 2. In my opinion, this is due to practical concerns and the best encouragement would be through government initiatives.
- Paraphrase the overall essay topic.
- Write a clear opinion.
1. The reasons senior citizens have difficulty staying fit are physical and economic. 2. Firstly, older people naturally suffer from a range of minor or major and debilitating conditions such as poor cardiovascular health, arthritis, and dementia. 3. Each presents unique challenges to a regular exercise regular routine. 4. Moreover, older people are often unable to afford the costs associated with learning a new sport or joining a gym. 5. In the United States most older people survive on a fixed income and must set aside money for medical bills. 6. Sports equipment is simply not a priority.
- Write a topic sentence with a clear main idea at the end.
- Explain your main idea.
- Develop it with specific or hypothetical examples.
- Keep developing it fully.
- Vary long and short sentences.
- Make sure you generalize if your example is too specific.
1. There is little that can be done to deter the natural ageing process but the financial impediments can be effectively tackled by building more public parks and facilities. 2. An older person living in an urban area may lack easy access to a park or the transportation to travel to one far away. 3. However, if there was one within walking distance they would be encouraged to exercise habitually. 4. This habit could also be reinforced by social interactions. 5. Many older people are lonely and seek companions from their generation. 6. By making friends and regularly meeting to walk to exercise in the park, as is common in many East Asian nations, they can create lasting bonds that will also encourage them to stay fit.
- Write a new topic sentence with a new main idea at the end.
- Explain your new main idea.
- Include specific details and examples.
- Add as much information as you can and make sure it links logically.
- Develop the example fully.
- State the results as well.
1. In conclusion, many older people are physically or economically unable to exercise regularly and the this can be partly remedied with greater investment in public spaces. 2. The benefits of such a reform would impact other segments of the population as well.
- Summarise your main ideas.
- Include a final thought.