- You should say
- What it was?
- How did you complete it?
- Why it was difficult?
- And how you felt about doing it?
● Well, I have done many things in my life which I found difficult in the beginning but then
with practice they became easy.
● For example, I found cooking to be very difficult at first but now I can cook anything easily
by just following the recipe.
● But one challenging thing I would like to talk about today is when I assembled my own
Personal Computer two years back.
● It was after my exams were over and I had requested my parents for a new desktop.
● All my friends had bought branded Personal Computers from Dell and HP which came preinstalled
with all the software.
● However, being a gamer, I was more interested in getting a gaming computer with a more
powerful configuration but buying a branded gaming PC was out of my budget.
● So, I discussed it with one of my techie friends and he advised me to buy the computer parts
separately and assemble it on my own, as it would cost much less than a branded PC.
● Since I did not have much knowledge about computer hardware at that time, it seemed very
difficult to me to do this task on my own.
● But I still decided to go ahead and started reading a book on computer hardware and also
started to watch computer assembly videos on youtube, which gave me a lot of confidence.
● Through the videos I learnt a lot about the different computer parts and their functioning.
● Finally, after I gained enough confidence, I ordered all the components online as it was
much cheaper than the retail shops.
● It took me a complete day to put all the parts together and basically the most difficult part
was building the CPU.
● One has to be very careful while installing the processor on the motherboard and then
installing cooling fans over it.
● If this process is not done carefully it could lead to a short circuit and the processor could
● Luckily, I was able to put it all together perfectly in my first attempt and when I pressed the
power button, I heaved a sigh of relief.
● I was very nervous during the entire assembly process, but I also felt that if I hadn’t read the
hardware book and watched the videos on youtube, I would not have been able to do this thing on