IELTS Essay: Private Information Online
Many people put their personal information online (address, telephone number, and so on) for purposes such as signing up for social networks or online banking.
Is this a positive or negative development
1. The advent of a digital society has led to greater vulnerability in terms of the person information stored online. 2. In my opinion, these associated dangers are significant but do not outweigh the benefits of a more convenient user experience.
- Paraphrase the overall essay topic.
- Write a clear opinion.
1. Concerned policymakers often argue that sensitive information registered online fosters widespread fraud. 2. The majority of individuals store some degree of information online whether it is as simple as their address and phone number or more important data such as social security numbers or banking details. 3. Naturally, this information can be stolen. 4. The variety of methods used to steal information, including phishing emails and actual hacking of websites, pose challenges for law enforcement and can lead to crimes such as identity theft. 5. These novel vulnerabilities that all consumers must become aware of are likely to remain a permanent fixture of online life.
- Write a topic sentence with a clear main idea at the end.
- Explain your main idea.
- Develop it with specific examples.
- Continue to develop it.
- State the result.
1. Nonetheless, the above instances are rare and storing information online allows for greater ease of access. 2. The best evidence for this is that the vast majority of individuals have decided to store personal information online despite growing cognizance of the risks. 3. For example, it is an afterthought to log in to a website, accept the cookies and store a username, and password. 4. The next time the user logs in, the process only takes seconds and this small savings in terms of effort and time is justifiably meaningful in the aggregate. 5. Moreover, in the case of online market trading platforms and banking websites, consumers are willing to divulge more confidential information to enjoy the conveniences of conducting transactions faster.
- Write a new topic sentence with a new main idea at the end.
- Explain your new main idea.
- Include specific details and examples.
- The more specific, the better.
- Add on any extra detail that you can that is related for a better task achievement score.
1. In conclusion, the tradeoffs associated with storing important data online do not make it a negative on the whole. 2. Consumers, corporations, and governments must take steps to ensure safety, while being mindful that saving time and effort are two of the more fundamental human priorities.
- Summarise your main ideas.
- Include a final thought.