IELTS Essay: Jobs and Studying Abroad
In an era of globalization, some people think that studying abroad is the best way to attain a well-paid job while others believe other options are better.
Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
1. Some today would argue that the rise of globalization necessitates studying abroad if an individual desires a stable career path. 2. In my opinion, though this is an ideal route to success, there are superior methods.
- Paraphrase the overall essay topic.
- Write a clear opinion.
1. Those who argue in favor of studying abroad make the contention that it allows a person to network and understand the world better. 2. The majority of students who study in other countries are leaving less developed nations to study in more affluent countries. 3. When studying abroad, not only will they be exposed to other cultures and ways of living, but they are also likely to make key connections that can help them in the future. 4. After graduation, they can rely on their network when applying for jobs, starting businesses, or simply seeking advice. 5. Without these advantages, a person will have a more difficult time attaining a well-paying job.
- Write a topic sentence with a clear main idea at the end.
- Explain your main idea.
- Develop it with specific or hypothetical examples.
- Keep developing it fully.
- Short sentences can make your writing clearer.
1. However, the surest pathway to success is to gain experience in any given profession, regardless of the location. 2. A person who is studying and working abroad faces roughly the same obstacles when applying for jobs. 3. If they remain in their country of origin, they will not only understand the local market better but also possess inherent advantages in terms of language, culture, and family support. 4. Many of the most successful entrepreneurs in the world and highly-regarded executives studied and work in their native country. 5. For instance, in Vietnam there are numerous start-up businesses that identify local needs and work to meet demand, oftentimes without the benefit of an education abroad or even an advanced university degree.
- Write a new topic sentence with a new main idea at the end.
- Explain your new main idea.
- Include specific details and examples.
- Add as much information as you can and make sure it links logically.
- Finish the paragraph strong.
1. In conclusion, most individuals studying abroad are more likely to succeed because of other factors and therefore most individuals should pursue different means of securing stable employment in today’s volatile employment market. 2. Governments should naturally support individuals in these matters.
- Summarise your main ideas.
- Include a final thought.