IELTS Essay: Improving Public Health
Some people say that to prevent illness and disease, governments should focus more on reducing environmental pollution and housing problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1. Certain concerned parties today contend that the optimal means of improving public health is to confront pressing environmental and housing problems. 2. In my opinion, though these solutions would be helpful, it is more important to prioritize proper nutrition.
- Paraphrase the overall essay topic.
- Write a clear opinion.
1. On the one hand, there are current issues concerning housing and the environment that impact health. 2. Many illnesses and conditions are either directly or indirectly related to one’s environment. 3. For instance, a person who lives in an overcrowded metropolis such as Hanoi or Beijing must deal on a daily basis with the immediate dangers of air pollution, potential drinking water contamination, car accidents, and elevated crimes rates. 4. If there were fewer individuals in these cities and the air was cleaner because there were more open, green areas, then it is probable that hospitals would be able to focus more on a reduced number of patients.
- Write a topic sentence with a clear main idea at the end.
- Explain your main idea.
- Develop it with specific or hypothetical examples.
- Keep developing it fully.
1. On the other hand, there are various causes for diseases and the primary one is poor nutrition. 2. In the last several decades, lifespans globally have increased exponentially, largely as a result of advances in medical science and greater understanding of the human body. 3. A standout example of this would be the plant-based diets that are widely recommended by most nutritionists. 4. A person who consumes little meat, reduces their carbohydrate intake, and mostly does not eat sugar will drastically lower the risk of conditions ranging from diabetes and heart disease to Alzheimer’s and cancer. 5. National health authorities can widely and effectively address these health problems by legislating the levels of unhealthy ingredients in food products.
- Write a new topic sentence with a new main idea at the end.
- Explain your new main idea.
- Include specific details and examples.
- Add as much information as you can and make sure it links logically.
- Continue your development.
1. In conclusion, those in favor of combatting housing and environmental problems make legitimate arguments though improving the average citizen’s diet is in fact the best guarantee of good health. 2. Naturally, governments should pursue a balanced policy.
- Summarise your main ideas.
- Include a final thought.