IELTS Cambridge 17 Essay: Professionals
Some people believe that professionals, such as doctors and engineers, should be required to work in the country where they did their training. Others believe they should be free to work in another country if they wish.
Discuss views and give your own opinion.
1. Certain groups today have argued that skilled professionals should be obliged to work where they did their initial training, while others feel they are owed the right to work anywhere. 2. In my opinion, assuming that the qualifications translate, all individuals ought to have the freedom to choose their country of occupation.
- Paraphrase the overall essay topic.
- Write a clear opinion.
1. Those who oppose this practice contend that professionals owe a debt of gratitude to the location of their training. 2. Qualified professionals ranging from medical practitioners and engineers to scientists and teachers at some point likely relied deeply on governmental and educational resources in their local area. 3. It is therefore logical that these individuals should remain at least in the same country and contribute their skills to bettering society as a whole. 4. For instance, a doctor who has benefited from quality schools and government aid in the United States can justifiably be asked to help their fellow citizens and train future doctors.
- Write a topic sentence with a clear main idea at the end.
- Explain your main idea.
- Develop it with specific or hypothetical examples.
- Keep developing it fully.
1. However, the right to choose freely where one works and lives is paramount. 2. Since many professionals will likely end up remaining where they did their training, this is rarely a pressing problem in most nations. 3. Given that reality, workers should not be restricted in their movement and choice of living environment. 4. When moving to another locale, they will likely have to ensure their standardization and certification are valid and learn the intricacies of working in another nation. 5. However, these are simply individual impediments and should not be used as definitive counter-arguments. 6. Preventing individuals from working in other countries would also considerably impair the sharing of expertise and culture across international borders.
- Write a new topic sentence with a new main idea at the end.
- Explain your new main idea.
- Include specific details and examples.
- Add as much information as you can and make sure it links logically.
- Finish the paragraph strong.
- This paragraph should be a little longer.
1. In conclusion, though there are certain standards that must be reached, all working professionals should be free to work abroad. 2. This policy is largely already in place for most occupations.
- Summarise your main ideas.
- Include a final thought.