Describe an English class/lesson that you enjoyed
- You should say:
- What was taught in the class
- When did you take the class
- Where it was?
- What did the teacher do that made you enjoy it
● English is not my mother tongue.
● I had learnt English in my childhood
● However, because of lack of practice, I thought I needed to revise my basics before I took
the IELTS exam.
● So, I recently attended an English class while I was starting my preparation.
● Actually, when I started the preparation, I got some of my writing tasks evaluated by teachers.
● My teachers told me that I was making grammatical mistakes and I was making errors in the
usage of tenses especially.
● At first, I picked up the grammar book by Wren & Martin but it was too big.
● I think I read the first two chapters and then gave up.
● I didn’t have the time or the patience to read the whole book.
● So, I searched for some English tenses lessons on YouTube.
● There I came across a group of lectures on various tenses on a channel called Learn English
● The lectures had me hooked from the get go.
● The most interesting part of the lectures was that they made comparisons between the
● It was like the lectures had been custom made to address the problem I was facing because
the main problem I was facing was in tenses.
● The teacher explained everything in detail and although the lectures were long, I didn’t get
● I think it was because of the humour.
● After every few minutes, the teacher said something that grabbed my attention and made
● I never felt like I was attending a lecture but rather enjoying a fun conversation with time.
● I think my English has improved a lot because of those lessons and I am really glad I
stumbled upon those videos.