Describe a time when you had a problem with using the computer
- When it happened
- Where it happened
- What the problem was
- And explain how you solved the problem at last
I think there have been a lot of times when I have faced computer related problems.
- Sometimes they were related to the computer hardware, like issues with the hard drive, and
sometimes it was software bugs.
- But today I am going to talk about one specific issue due to which I almost missed my
- It was during the last winter and it was just two months to go for my exam.
- My computer teacher had given me an assignment to make a presentation on ethical hacking.
- I was only given 3 days to submit the presentation and I started working on it as soon as I
- I made good progress on my assignment on the first day and I was thinking that I’ll be able
to get good marks.
- However, the next day the luck was not on my side, because when I was doing some latenight
research on the web my computer shut down unexpectedly.
- First of all, I thought it was a power issue but then all other electrical items were working
fine at my home.
- I tried multiple times to switch on the pc but it was of no use.
- I called one of my friends and he suggested me to try a different power outlet but that
didn’t help either.
- This issue had me really worried because I was not sure if I had saved the assignment and
moreover I had just one day left to complete it.
- So, the first thing I did the next morning was to take my computer to the repair shop.
- The technician opened the CPU box and ran some checks.
- He told me that the power supply in the CPU had short circuited due to the dust that had
accumulated in it over the years.
- He replaced it with a new power supply and also cleaned the other parts in the cabinet.
- Luckily this was the only issue and the computer was fixed. Also, I had a sigh of relief
because my presentation got autosaved and the progress wasn’t lost.
- Finally, I was able to submit my assignment on time and although the repair costed me
around Rs2000 , more importantly I learned a lesson that I should clean my computer