Describe a problem you had while shopping online or in a store
- When it happened
- What you bought
- What problem you had
- And explain how you felt about the experience
● I normally don’t buy clothes or shoes online because of size issues.
● Different companies have different sizes and sometimes the large size of one company is a
small size for another company.
● However, recently my friend ordered Nike shoes from Amazon, and they were nearly half
the price of the Nike retail store.
● So, I also decided to buy shoes online.
● 2 months ago, I placed an order for Adidas shoes from Flipkart, another famous retail store.
● Actually, the same shoes were available on Amazon as well but were about Rs 200 costlier,
so I decided to go for Flipkart.
● I was so excited about the shoes.
● In fact, I was boasting about the great deal I found on the Internet to my friends.
● However, when I opened the box, I was quite disappointed.
● My shoes were duplicates.
● The brand name written on the shoes was not Adidas but Adidaas, with a double a.
● I know a big brand could never make such a big mistake.
● So, I called the customer care number of Flipkart and told them about the problem.
● They told me to take a photograph and send it.
● Immediately, they offered me two choices.
● Either they could refund the money or I could buy something else for the same price.
● At the same time, they removed the seller from their platform.
● They told me to courier the shoes back to the seller.
● When I emailed them the courier slip, they refunded me the whole amount along with the
courier charges I entailed.
● I was quite happy with their handling of my complaint.
● However, I also felt it was a waste of time.
● The whole process took about two weeks.
● I could have directly gone to a store and picked up the shoes and the whole thing wouldn’t
have taken me more than an hour.