Describe a place where there was a lot of noise/Describe a noisy place you have been to
- When this happened?
- Where it was?
- Why there was a lot of noise
- Explain what you did when you heard the noise
● Noise pollution has become an inevitable part of our life.
● Whether we like it or not, we have to tolerate it. We can’t escape it.
● Here, I’m going to talk about a situation when there was too much noise.
● A religious function, which we call jagrata or jagran, was held last Sunday in my neighborhood.
● In such functions people sing hymns and chants in praise of Gods and Goddesses the whole
● The function started at 8 PM and went up to 5 AM.
● There is a law against using loudspeakers after 10 PM but people don’t abide by the law in
the name of religion.
● They do not realize that some people might be suffering from excessive noise.
● I was not able to sleep the whole night.
● I closed all windows of my house to reduce that sound, but it did not make any difference.
● Then I put earplugs in my ears but that too did not work.
● There might have been many other people who suffered like I did that night.
● I am not against any religious event, but I’m definitely against using loud speakers after 10 PM.
● Such laws should be implemented more strictly, and I believe that the use of pressure horns
also must be restricted.
● Noise pollution has a negative effect on our mental health as well as physical health.
● It can lead to hearing impairment, Fatigue, Heart problems, Insomnia, Anxiety, Depression
and so on.
● It can also reduce the work efficiency.
● One of my uncles has come from Canada and he tells me that in Canada people are not
using horns unnecessarily and still the traffic runs very smoothly.
● I hope we all realize the menace of noise pollution and do our bit to reduce it from our lives