Describe a place in your country that you thinkis interesting
- You should say:
- Where it is
- How you knew it
- What special features it has
- And explain why you think it is interesting
● India is a diverse country.
● There are many interesting places in India.
● There are interesting tourist places, buildings, beaches and many more such areas.
● Here, I would like to talk about the Taj Mahal i Agra, which is a very interesting historical
● It is one of the most flawless architectural creations of the world.
● It is also one of the seven wonders of the world.
● In fact it has been ranked as the first of the seven wonders.
● It is a magnificent building built of white marble.
● Mughal Emperor Shahjahan got it built in the loving memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz.
● About 20,000 workers put in their best efforts for 17 long years to complete this
● The hands of the master mason were cut off after completion of the building so that such a
building could not be made again.
● I first saw it 7 years ago when I went with my school tour.
● I was awestruck to see the picturesque beauty in front of my eyes.
● The tombs of Shahjahan and Mumtaz lie in the basement.
● I like it because it gives an identity to India in the world.
● I am proud to be a part of a country with such historic background.
● Tourists from all over the world flock to see this ultimate memorial of love
● It has incomparable beauty.
● A few years ago there were reports that the white marble of the Taj was turning yellow
because of pollution.
● So, the government has taken many steps to save the Taj.
● Vehicles are banned within a 2 km radius.
● Electric and battery driven cars and buses now take tourists to the site