Describe something you taught to your friend/relative.
- What you taught him/her?
- When it was?
- How long it was for?
- And explain how you felt about it.
● My sister lives in the US.
● Last summer, she and her children visited us in India during the summer vacations.
● Both her children, my niece and nephew are quite inquisitive and they are always keen on
learning something new.
● One day, they saw me playing chess online and they immediately developed an interest in
● They requested me to teach them.
● They visit India very rarely, so I thought it would be a nice way to spend some quality time
● They were visiting for 2 months, so we had plenty of time.
● I started with the basics and explained how each piece moved first.
● With time, I covered some of the complex mechanics like castling and en passant.
● I also bought them a membership at chess.com, so that they could practice alone when I
● The website has some nice puzzles, which teach how to think in difficult positions.
● They played against computer bots and other players as well
● Chess is about practice and the more they played different players, the more they learnt.
● They were very quick to pick up things and by the end of two months, they had also beaten
me two three times.
● In fact, I also learnt a few special moves from them.
● It was a very fulfilling experience overall.
● I think it was first time I taught someone something.
● I felt very proud when they picked up things and them beating me was icing on the cake.
● I lost as a player but I succeeded as a teacher.