Describe something that surprised you and made you happy
- You should say:
- What it was
- Who did this
- How you found out about it and what you did
- And explain why it surprised you and made you happy
● I have been surprised many times but one incident that I remember very vividly is my
● My best friend Anchal planned a birthday party for me.
● I had no idea about it, and it was such a wonderful surprise.
● My 16th birthday was just a few weeks before the exams.
● I knew everyone would be busy preparing for the exams, so I decided not to have a party
with my friends that year.
● We were in 10th standard, and it was very important to score good grades that year.
● Usually, every year I start planning for my birthday weeks in advance. I am always
excited about my big day.
● I was so sad that I will not have a birthday party that year.
● I was jealous of my friends who either had their birthdays after the exams or much before.
● On my birthday, my best friend Anchal called me to her house in the evening to help her
with some math problems.
● I didn’t find it odd as we do usually study together at each other’s house.
● When I reached there, I got the surprise of my life.
● As soon I entered her house, I heard Happy Birthday wishes from all corners of her
● All my friends were there, my parents and my sister were there.
● There were decorations and balloons everywhere, and there was a big cake on the table.
● I couldn’t believe my eyes. How did she do it, when did she get the time and why are all
my friends here and not home studying?
● I had so many questions for her. She told me that knew how much this day meant to me.
● So, she conspired with my friends to throw me a little surprise party that day.
● They decided to keep it at her house, so I won’t figure it out.
● They even studied a bit extra every day that week so they could attend my birthday.
● She even involved my parents. I was surprised that they knew, and they didn’t let me
know what was going on.
● I was so happy that I got a party and celebrated my 16th birthday with all my loved ones.
● I couldn’t thank Anchal enough for making my day so special.