Describe someone you know who has recentlymoved to a new place
- You should say:
- Who he/she is
- What the new place is like
- Why he/she moved to a new place
- And explain whether his or her move has a positive impact on you
● People move to a new place for two main reason, for job and for education.
● Recently, my cousin went to Victoria, Canada for her higher education.
● It was her dream to go there.
● She had wanted to go there since her childhood.
● So, she was very happy when she got her visa and her dream was fulfilled.
● Whenever, we talk on phone, she can’t stop talking about how amazing Canada is.
● The one thing, she really loved was the changing colours of leaves during fall.
● India doesn’t have fall season, so it was all really new for her.
● The education system is also completely different.
● There is a lot more focus on practical knowledge.
● She moved there into an apartment and she has her own individual room.
● In India she lived in a house but she didn’t have her own house.
● She had to share a room with her younger sister.
● At first, she was very delighted to have a whole room to herself and she has told me many
times, she misses sharing the bed with her sister.
● Her moving there was a big inspiration for me.
● Once I saw how amazing life was in Canada, I also decided to go there for my higher education.
● However, I know it is not going to be easy.
● She had to work very hard to get there.
● Both of us come from Punjabi medium schools.
● She worked really hard on her English to clear the IELTS exam.
● Moreover, she knew she wouldn’t be able to survive there if she couldn’t speak English well.
● I saw how she worked on her English everyday.
● She used to watch English TV shows and read English newspaper daily.
● Slowly, her English got better over time and now she speaks English so fluently.
● If it hadn’t been for her, I would never have dreamt of studying in Canada.