Skip to content
Describe an activity that made you feel tired
- You should say:
- When and where it took place
- Why you took part in it
- What the activity was
- And explain why it made you feel tired
- I am not very athletic, but I had always thought of myself being fit.
- However, this illusion got shattered pretty badly recently
- My friend is very religious and he invited me to visit Vaishno Devi with him.
- Vaishno Devi is renowned Hindu Temple located in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The temple is at a 12 km trek from Katra.
- Till Katra, people go by car and then people walk from there.
- A lot of people go there every year from very young children to even 80 and 90 year olds.
- So, I didn’t think it was going to be difficult journey.
- In fact when we reached,I was pretty excited and was happy to be out walking after sitting
in the car for a long time.
- That excitement soon turned into misery and regret for coming to this journey unprepared.
- The first two kilometers were easy but after that I started feeling it. My ankles and feet
- I asked my friend if we could take a break, but he said we had to be back before nightfall so
we didn’t have time for a break.
- He told me people only take a break at the halfway mark, where there is another temple.
- So, I slowly dragged my feet and kept on walking.
- By kilometre 5, I felt like I had no strength left in my legs anymore.
- I still pushed myself and reached the half way mark somehow.
- I told my friend that I would wait there and he can go complete the rest of the journey by
- However, he didn’t listen.
- We took a short break and then we started again.
- The break relieved some of the pain but after 500 meters I was miserable again.
- I complained a lot, but my friend just kept on motivating me.
- I still don’t know how I completed the rest of the journey.
- I was dead tired by the end of it
- That day I decided to work on my physical fitness.
- Due to studies, my life had become sedentary and I had let go of my fitness.
- I knew if I felt tired so easily at such a young age, I wouldn’t be able to do anything when I