Describe a time you used your cellphone/smartphone to do something important
- You should say:
- What happened?
- When it happened
- How important the cellphone/smartphone was
- And explain how you felt about the experience
● In today’s world, it is hard to question the importance of cellphones
● They are not just about communication, they are used for many different things.
● Recently, I used my mobile phone for something I never imagined I would use it.
● I used to it lodge a complaint with the government authorities and I also got immediate
redressal for my complaint.
● I was travelling to Delhi by train.
● When I boarded, I noticed that the AC in my compartment was not working.
● I asked the coach’s caretaker if they could get it fixed.
● He said it had just stopped working and nothing could be done about it.
● It would only be fixed at the final destination.
● Normally, I am very adjusting, but it was extremely hot and humid that day.
● So, I decided to tweet a complaint to the railway minister with my phone.
● I had seen videos on the internet, where people had talked about how they had gotten
immediate relief by doing the same.
● However, I had thought of them as publicity stunts by the government.
● So I wasn’t very hopeful, but within ten minutes, there was an electrician in my compartment.
● And in another ten minutes, he had fixed the AC.
● He also scolded the railway employee responsible for my coach and asked him, why he
hadn’t contacted him straight away when I raised the issue.
● The employee apologised and told me he didn’t think the problem could be solved.
● I was so surprised with the quick response, but more than that I felt so proud of the
● I could never have imagined it happening four-five years ago.
● Cell phones have many purposes but I think one of the most important is that it is a tool for
an ordinary citizen to directly connect with their elected representatives.
● It has made the government officials much more accountable and responsive.