Describe a piece of technology that you finddifficult to use.
- When did you get it?
- What did you get it for?
- How often do you use it?
- How do you feel about it?
● We live in a time where technology has made it possible to do many things considered
unimaginable in the past.
● But it has also come at the cost of simplicity.
● Today, I would like to talk a washing machine, which offers so many features but is also very
complicated to use.
● Recently, our previous washing machine broke down and we decided to buy a new one.
● I compared the different models online and ultimately decided on a Gen Z model from a
● It boasted 102 different washing modes for different types of clothes.
● None of the other models came even close to it.
● When I bought, I never thought if I really needed 102 modes.
● There are 102 different modes, but it is impossible for the machine to have 102 buttons.
● The modes have to be changed and selected on the basis of just 10 buttons.
● Its really hard to remember the buttons I need to press.
● In fact for the simple basic wash cycle, I have to press five buttons in a particular order.
● For this, I always need to keep the user manual closely.
● Many times, if I click on a wrong button I have to start all over again.
● It gives a headache to use it.
● Earlier, our maid used to easily use the washing machine
● However, this one is too complicated for her to use as she doesn’t know English and the
user manual is only in English.
● I really regret buying this machine.
● But I have also learnt a valuable lesson.
● More is not always good.
● I don’t think I will ever end of using more than five modes in my life.
● When buying things, I shouldn’t care about what the technology offers but rather what I need.