The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) is a general English language proficiency test.
The CELPIP Test allows test takers to demonstrate their ability to function in English. The test clearly, accurately, and precisely assesses a test taker’s English abilities in a variety of everyday situations, such as communicating with co-workers and superiors in the workplace, interacting with friends, understanding newscasts, and interpreting and responding to written materials.
There are two versions of the CELPIP Test: the CELPIP-General Test and the CELPIP-General LS Test. The CELPIP-General Test assesses functional Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking skills. In addition to being accepted by IRCC, the CELPIP-General Test is accepted by the Real Estate Council of British Columbia and Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council. The CELPIP-General LS Test assesses functional Listening and Speaking proficiency.
WHY CHOOSE CELPIP?
CANADIAN ENGLISH AND ACCENTS ARE USED
The CELPIP Test is a Canadian Test and incorporates Canadian English and accents. Individuals wishing to immigrate and adapt to life in Canada will benefit from using the English that they hear and use in their day-to-day activities. Test takers who have been immersing themselves into Canadian culture will better understand and relate to the Canadian English and accents used in the CELPIP Test.
PROVIDED COMPUTER-DELIVERED TESTS
The CELPIP Test is fully computer delivered, providing test takers the opportunity to complete all test components in one test sitting, with no additional appointments or interviews. CELPIP test takers use a computer mouse and keyboard to complete Reading and Writing components of the test, and a computer microphone and headset to complete the Listening and Speaking components of the test. Computerized tests offer test takers a quick and reliable testing experience.
QUICK ONLINE RESULTS
The results of the CELPIP Test are available online in eight business days. Test takers can also choose to add Express Rating so that scores are available online in just three business days. Learn more about Express Rating.
WHO ACCEPTS CELPIP?
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC):
- Permanent Resident Status
- Canadian Citizenship
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Start-up Visa Program
- Various Provincial Nominee Programs
- Alberta Human Services – Child Care Staff Certification
- Alberta Institute of Massage
- Association of Saskatchewan Realtors
- BC Health Care Assistant (HCA) Program
- Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC)
- NorQuest College ELP (English Language Proficiency)
- Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA)
- Real Estate Council of British Columbia (RECBC)
- Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission
- TLC-Edmonton Training for Foreign Caregivers
- Organizational employment requirements
Please note that IRCC may change the language requirement at any time. For more information, please visit the IRCC website at www.cic.gc.ca.