Talk about a time when you heard a stranger talking over the phone
- When did it happen?
- Where did it happen?
- What did you hear?
- It is quite genuine to hear the talking of people on cell phones while we come across public places such as railway stations, bus stands, airports, and others.
- Usually, I avoid such talks as I have not been interested in listening to others.
- But, I remember a month ago, I was going to Bombay by air to attend a business meeting.
- My flight had delayed for two hours from the exact time because of the worst weather conditions.
- I was waiting for my flight in the waiting area, and there I heard an old lady on the phone call.
- From her way of talking, I guessed she was talking to her grandson, who is living at a far distance.
- I was quite impressed by the love affections that she was showing to him.
- It seemed to me it was the birthday of her grandson, and she has a keen desire to be with him.
- But she was helpless as she was at a far distance from him.
- She sang a birthday song in a granny style with a melodious voice.
- She kissed him frequently on the phone call.
- After that, she started to sing a lullaby for him. I believe I had never heard such a lovely tone.
- She created a world of imagination for her grandson by telling him a story.
- They nearly talked for one hour.
- But, for a single moment, I never saw a fall in her love and energy.
- I recalled my childhood memories with my grandparents, how they used to create stories for me.
- Even After cutting her call, I saw a lovely smile on her face, and when she again kissed on the cell phone. I got a little bit emotional.
- I do not know why the first time I had a curiosity to talk with her, But the shortage of time did not allow me to do so.
- Within 10 minutes, I had to catch my flight. So, I came out from the waiting area to check updates.
- So, I think this was a lovely and interesting conversation that involves the endless love of a grandmother for her grandson. I did not realize How my time had passed quickly.
FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
Some people like talking on phones in public transport, What do you think about this situation?
Personally, I never mind people talking over phones in public transport. As long as, their volume is not too high and disturbs the co-passengers, I have no issues with them. However, some people are too loud and become a nuisance to others. That is something I dislike a lot.
What are the bad effects of talking over the phone in public
It may inconvenience people around the place when someone is talking over the phone in a public place. Places like museums, libraries, and places of worship require peace and when someone talks over the phone at such places, it is a nuisance.
Why do some people always break the rules in public places?
Some people are careless by nature. Some break rules in the situation of an emergency. However, some do it as an adventure and for recreation. Irrespective of the reason, rules are meant to be abided to and offenders should be penalized.
Should people be banned from talking aloud in public places?
I don’t think banning would solve the purpose. It is for people to realize that they are disturbing others. It is so easy to avoid using cell phones in public places. The phone can be put on silent mode. The important calls can be attended by moving to a quieter area where there is not much crowd. Moreover, important things can be shared by messaging, which is free these days. A ban would simply not be practical because sometimes it is very important to answer the phone. For example, a doctor may need to talk to a patient in distress. A businessman may need to answer a client.
Is it bad to talk on the phone in public places?
Yes, it is. In some public places like hospitals and cinema halls, it is very offensive to receive and answer calls. But, it is the duty of all of us to realize that it is bad to talk loudly or be forced to overhear the private talks of others.