Talk about a new public building/place, which you would like to visit
- Which building/place is it
- Where is it
- When would you like to visit it
- With whom would you like to visit
- Why do you want to visit it
- There are many public buildings or places, which I would like to visit.
- Here, I would like to talk about the Statue of Unity in the Narmada district of Gujarat.
- It is a colossal statue of Sardar Vallabhai Patel, who was the first Home Minister of Independent India.
- His expression, posture and pose show the confidence and the iron-will of this great person.
- I would really like to visit this architectural marvel.
- This statue can withstand winds of 180 km/hour and can resist earthquake of 6.5 on the Richter scale.
- I came to know about it from the news channels on TV.
- It was on all news channels in January 2019.
- This Statue of Unity was first open to public on 3rd Jan 2019
- It is the world’s tallest statue.
- It was built in just 33 months.
- It is made of bronze and is about 600 feet tall.
- I would like to visit it with my family, as I would like to enjoy this place with them.
- Most probably, we will visit it in December this year.
- I have read a lot about it on the internet.
- Apart from the statue there are several other things here, which are worth seeing.
- The ticket is Rs. 350/- per head.
- It includes the entry to the observation deck, valley of flowers, the Sardar Patel Memorial, museum and audio-visual Gallery, the statue of Unity site and the Narmada River.
- More than 2 million people have visited the statue already.
- It has become a major tourist attraction of India.
Part 3 – Follow up Questions
- What measures should be taken to deal with damage on public facilities?
First of all people should themselves be aware that if they use these facilities nicely only then they will be able to use them for a long time. Otherwise, the facilities may be destroyed. The government should appoint people for the maintenance of these facilities. Another thing that can be done is that a very small fee should be charged for these facilities. That money could be used for the maintenance of these places.
- What are the differences between old facilities and new facilities?
Old facilities are like parks and libraries. New facilities are gyms and leisure places.
- What facilities do young people and old people like in your country?
Young people like gyms and leisure centres. Old people like parks, health centres and libraries.
- What is the difference between facilities in the countryside and the ones in the cities?
In the countryside the facilities are related to education and health. In the cities there are many entertainment facilities also.