Describe something special that you brought home from a tourist place
- What it was
- When did you buy it
- From where did you buy it
- What it was like
- Why you think it was special
- There are many things that I have bought from tourist places
- Here I would like to talk about a wooden candle stand which I bought from Shimla last year
- I went to Shimla with my friends on a school trip
- It is a very beautiful place to visit
- We stayed at hotel Mountain View
- In the evening we went shopping
- Actually there is a very popular market called Lakkar Bazaar over there.
- I purchased key chains with carved wooden alphabets as souvenirs for all my family members
- But one special thing I bought was a candle stand.
- It has lots of carvings in it
- It is in natural wooden color.
- It is the main centrepiece of our living room table.
- We have put up a colored candle on it.
- Everyone who comes to our house compliments it.
- I feel very proud then
- It also keeps the memories of my Shimla trip alive.
- Most of my friends are now in Canada for their higher education.
- So, this candle stand is the thing I brought home from a tourist place.
Part 3 – Follow up Questions
- What souvenirs people buy from tourist attractions?
People buy many things like key chains, paper weights, T shirts, pens and many more things. All these things have some relation to the tourist spot.
- Why do people like to take photos while travelling?
They do so to capture precious moments. Photos bring the old times alive and make us happy.
- Is it good that the locals sell things to tourists?
Yes, it is definitely good. If locals sell things and tourists buy them, then tourism will be alive and the local people will welcome tourists with open arms.
- What are the pros and cons of taking professional cameras when travelling?
The pros are the pics are of very high quality, but the cons are that professional cameras are heavy, and are cumbersome to carry with you all the time.