Describe a time when you missed an appointment
- When and where it happened
- What the appointment was for
- What happened when you missed it
- And explain how you felt about the appointment
- Well, I usually do remember things as I have got a good memory but sometimes I tend to forget even important things if my life is already disturbed.
- I remember an incident when I forgot my appointment with the dentist.
- It was during the time of placements in college and we all were very nervous and preparing for it.
- There were placement classes going on and other things were at high priority list.
- It was during this time, I forgot to visit my dentist.
- I had braces on my teeth and the dentist used to change the bands on them every month.
- But during that time I was really stressed because of the placements and the dentist appointment totally skipped my mind.
- Later, I got a call from my dentist reminding me that I had missed my appointment.
- I apologized to him for not being able to reach on that day and asked him for another appointment next day.
- Thankfully his schedule for next day was free and he rescheduled the appointment.
- I also put a reminder on my phone so that I do not forget the appointment again.
- Next day the dentist told me that if I had delayed the appointment further, it would have affected my treatment.
- I realized that this is what pressure handling is all about
- You need to do things and yet make sure that you are still balanced and not missing out on other important things.
Part 3 – Follow up Questions
- Which events in your country most people forget?
I don’t think we can generalize this, however, I think it is mostly birthdays and anniversaries of relatives and friend that people tend to forget.
- Do you think it is a good idea to use electronic devices for putting reminders?
Yes, I think it’s a very good idea to use electronic devices like cell phones, computers, tablets etc. to set reminders for important tasks and events.
- Do you use them?
Yes, I have set reminders for birthdays. Anniversaries and I set alarms for important tasks. It helps me stay organized.
- How memory can help you to learn a new skill?
Memory is essential in learning a new skill. It is only through a good memory that we can remember the rules or the techniques that are required to be followed when learning a particular skill.
- How can modern technology help you keep good memories?
Modern technology is very helpful in keeping good memories. We can set up reminders for important events. We can use phones to capture special moments in the form of pictures.
- Is human memory important nowadays?
Yes, human memory is as important as in the past. It is needed for learning anything new. It’s what is needed to excel in any field. However, our dependence on technology makes us use our memory much lesser than in earlier times.
- Can electronic devices such as smart phones replace human memory?
No, electronic devices cannot ever replace human memory. We have to draw a line and limit our dependence on gadgets for remembering and computing things for us, to avoid the early onset of memory related problems.
- How often do you make appointments?
I don’t make appointments very often. Only when I have to go to my dentist or doctor that I get an appointment.