Objectives: travel vocabulary, learners cooperation, writing a paragraph using travel vocabulary
Materials: worksheets containing the task below.
Time: about 10 minutes.
- Divide the students into small groups.
- Hand out the worksheet containing the matching task below.
- Students work together to do the task.
- When they finish, representatives of each group write the answers on the board.
- Answers are compared and discussed to find the right answers
- The new vocabulary is written down on students’ notebook.
- Assign a homework: ask students to find pictures related to the activity.
Students write a paragraph about what they do when they travel.
When I travel, I pack up my … and …. a taxi to the airport. I buy a newspaper from …. Then, I…
Match the following travel words with the places.
|A. Buy tickets||1. Information desk|
|B. Get the train schedule||2. At the pay phone|
|C. Make a phone call||3. Airport|
|D. Check my luggage||4. Newsstand|
|E. Eat something||5. Baggage check|
|F. Wait for the train||6. Train station|
|G. Buy a newspaper||7. Snack bar|
|H. Catch the train||8. Waiting area|
|I. catch the plane||9. Ticket office|